Sunday, May 15, 2011

Me doing a Gelac :)

Some say....certain things should be done by professionals. And they are actually right. I wouldn`t have surgery by my General Practitioner indeed. But when it comes to doing my nails, I`m willing to try out everything myself. Applying gellac with an UV lamp...wow I reaaalllyy wanted to try that! I`ve had acrylics last year, that`s where my polish obsession started really, and I wouldn`t choose that again. As I am very clumpsy and at work I walk around with "heavy" boxes as well, I`m always afraid some of the nails might tear or partially get ripped off bleughh.

I orderd my lovely pink UV lamp from Evulbay and picked out Gelac from IBD at one of the polish-netshops I regularly buy my polishes at. I picked out a bonding base-coat, colored Pink Kiss and topcoat. Each has it`s own cure-time for the UVlamp.




It resulted in a lovely glossy healthy pink colored gel layer. It`s not too thick as gel or acrylic nails would be, but it`s a bit thicker then normal polish would be. Other polishes can be used over it...and can be cleaned with regular polish remover (acetonefree ones ofc). This Gelac is a so called soak off gel...should take up to 20 minutes soaking in acetone to get rid of the layers. The only thing that worries me a bit is when my nails will grow...it will leave a gab between my cuticles and the gel..how will I restore it?! Will see about that ;)

11 reacties:

Laura said...

Ooo I've heard of these, but never known anyone to get them/do them themselves! They look really good, I'll be interested in seeing what happens when your nails grow more - make sure you let us know! :)

L x

Martje said...

ofc Laura I will! :)

Recalcitrant Nails said...

very interesting. I look forward to seeing your progress with this process and problem solving. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, when it grows you can do a sponged nail art to cover it up. that's what I did when I had shellac

Martje said...

oow that's a good idea indeed :)

@ people who make comments...and then spamming their blogsite asking me to join in...if you do that 3times in a row :S it`s no fun anymore and you can figure out yourself I won't be joining....let alone not even publishing your comment. Pls stop that.

Unknown said...

Looks good!

Kim said...

that's such a lovely uv lamp! it's pinky~!!

Kim said...

thansk for sharing anyway, I'm gonna check it up on other stores about this cutey uv lamp~

♥beauxs mom said...

i love how shiny it looks and i love that u did it yourself!

Kelly said...

I know I'm sometimes the sunscreen police, but please put an SPF on your hands before you use that.... I love how they came out, btw!!!

Marika said...

Love this post!

http://fashionista-marika.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment