Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fruit of the region



I would love to say these grow in my own backgarden...but my cherry-tree is only 1 year old and doesn`t give cherries that big and that amount either, the strawberries came from a plant I only received less then a week ago, so they did grow partially..in my garden :) The cherries and blackberries were given to me by my mum who works with someone who ownes loads and loads of fruit orchards. These are the kinds of fruits that grow a lot in this region, the middle of the Netherlands, with some of the major rivers surrounding us, providing us fertile ground and soil. Raspberries, prumes grow here as well, along with apples and pears, but it`s not the right season for those yet. All yummy :)

4 reacties:

amusedPolish said...

yummy!- Oh, I would love to grow my own fruit one day :)

Martje said...

Oow and yummy they are :) specially the cherries, their kind is called Kordia, they`re huge and very sweet. Almost the size of half a plum.

Evelien said...

I love cherries!

The Green Fairy said...

Wow! They loook soooooooooooooo good! I'm drooling!

Post a Comment